Parents can create new Schoology accounts on www.schoology.com by following these steps:
- Hover over Sign Up in the top right corner.
- Click Parent in the drop-down menu.
- Enter their Parent Access Code.
- Fill out the form with their information.
- Click Register to complete.
However, sometimes, the steps above create an "Invalid access code" error message. When this error message occurs, it's possible that the access code provided by the teacher is the Course Access Code that's used by students to register an account or join a new course.
Parent Access Codes use the format: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.
If you don't have an access code with three sets of characters, the teacher of the course likely gave you the incorrect access code to create a Schoology account. Reach out to your child's instructor for the correct code.