If you don't receive any email notifications from Schoology, one of the following issues may be affecting your account.
Your email address might not be verified
To make sure your email address has been verified in Schoology, check your Account Settings settings.
- From the downfacing arrow at the top right of your Schoology account, click on Account Settings.
- If you see a message to Resend Verification Email to the right of your email address, your email has not yet been verified in Schoology. To verify your email address, check the box and click on the Save Changes button below the Timezone setting.
- From your email inbox, open the email to verify your email address.
- Click on the link in the email to verify the address. I you have difficulty clicking on the link, you can copy and paste the link into your browser address bar.
- Once you navigate to the link, your email address should be successfully verified!
Please note that this link may only be used once. If you try to use the link again, you'll encounter an error message and you may need to resend a verification email to verify your account.
If you don't see the verification email in your inbox, please check your Junk or Spam folders.
You may be experiencing an issue with your email address
To confirm if you are experiencing this issue:
- Click the Check Status link to the right of the Primary Email field.
- If there is an issue, you will receive an error message describing the issue.
- Click Clear to reset the email address.
If you continue to experience issues with receiving notifications for the address after resetting it, talk to the administrator of your Schoology account or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Notifications settings might be disabled
It's also possible that email notifications are disabled on your account. To check your email notification settings, check the Notifications area of your account.
- From the downfacing arrow at the top right of your Schoology account, click on Notifications.
- Select the button next to the notification you'd like to change.
- Choose On (receive from all sources), Off (no notifications), or Custom (pick and choose the sources).
- Click Save Changes at the bottom.
The email might be going to your Junk or Spam folder
Sometimes, Schoology email notifications are sent to the Junk or Spam folders in your email system. To rule out this issue, please check your Junk and Spam folders for emails from Schoology.
If you find Schoology emails in your Junk or Spam folders, you can mark our address as "not junk" or "safe" emails to prevent the email from going to Junk or Spam in the future.
The school's filtering system or your email system might be blocking emails from Schoology
In some cases, the school's filtering system might block Schoology emails. To investigate this issue, it's best to work with the technical team at your school.
If at some point, you had marked a Schoology email notification as spam or "unsafe," your email system might also block Schoology emails. In this case, you may need to contact the Schoology Help Desk for assistance with a resolution.