For optimal performance while using Schoology, we recommend upgrading to the latest versions of the supported browsers and additional requirements below.
If you are using our mobile app, please make sure you are using the latest version. We are constantly improving the mobile app, and each version includes bug fixes and new features, so running the latest version is important for optimal performance.
iOS: You can find the version number by opening Settings on your iPhone or iPad, and tapping Schoology in your list of apps. The latest version of our iOS app is 3.11.2.
Android: You can find the version number by opening Settings on your Android device, tapping Application Settings and then Manage App. The latest version of our Android app is 4.0.0.
We recommend performing the following tasks for optimal performance:
- Run a speed test during the school or work day.
- Add *.schoology.com to your whitelist.
- Check your firewall settings for blocks against common URLs.
- Additionally, if your school has firewall blocks against Google Ad Services, it will cause Schoology to be very slow. This is because Schoology has Google Ad tags incorporated into our site so that you, as a current Schoology user, do not see Schoology advertisements elsewhere on the internet. These tags do not track any personally identifiable information or any other sensitive data. Remove any blocks against Google Ads Services for optimal performance.
- Ensure outgoing traffic rules for ports 80, 443, 8080, and 8443:
- Ports 80 and 443 are used for standard Schoology web traffic.
- Ports 8080 and 8443 are used to load SCORM content from Schoology.
- Firefox 3+ Download the latest version
- Internet Explorer 11+ (for Windows 8 and previous versions) Download the latest version
- Internet Edge Browser (for Windows 10+) Download the latest version
- Safari 3.1+ Download the latest version
- Google Chrome Download the latest version
- Flash 9+ Download the latest version
- Cookies enabled
Websites often store cookies and other data as you browse online. This data may include information that you have provided in the past, such as your name, email address, and preferences. This data helps websites such as Schoology identify you when you return to the site, and helps the site remember the user's preferences or registration details for a future visit. On Schoology, enabling cookies in your browser can help prevent login issues to Schoology.com as well as to other third party apps within Schoology.