For optimal performance while using Schoology, we recommend upgrading to the latest versions of the supported browsers and additional requirements below.
If you are using our mobile app, please make sure you are using the latest version. We are constantly improving the mobile app, and each version includes bug fixes and new features, so running the latest version is important for optimal performance.
iOS: Download the latest version from the App Store. If you have already installed the app, you can find the version number by opening Settings on your iPhone or iPad and tapping Schoology in your list of apps.
Android: Download the latest version from the Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore. Once you have installed the app, you can find the version number by opening Settings on your Android device, tapping Application Settings, and then Manage App.
We recommend performing the following tasks for optimal performance:
- Run a speed test during the school or workday.
- Add *.schoology.com to your Permit list.
- Check your firewall settings for blocks against common URLs and IP ranges.
- Additionally, if your school has firewall blocks against Google Ad Services, it will cause Schoology to be very slow. This is because Schoology has Google Ad tags incorporated into our site so that you, as a current Schoology user, do not see Schoology advertisements elsewhere on the internet. These tags do not track any personally identifiable information or any other sensitive data. Remove any blocks against Google Ads Services for optimal performance.
- Schoology leverages the AWS Cloudfront content delivery network (CDN) to serve media and static web resources to end-users accessing the Schoology platform over the Internet. This is an important part of how we provide a consistently high quality of service to our customers around the world. In order to allow access to the CDN, remove any blocks on Cloudfront IP address ranges referenced in this documentation.
- Ensure outgoing traffic rules for ports 80, 443, 8080, 8443, and 1935:
- Ports 80 and 443 are used for standard Schoology web traffic.
- Ports 8080 and 8443 are used to load SCORM content from Schoology.
- Port 1935 is used for recording audio files.
- If your SIS requires you to explicitly allow a Schoology-specific IP address as part of your firewall rule to integrate your on-premise SIS with Schoology.
- Google Chrome (latest version) Download the latest version
- Edge (for Windows 10+) Download the latest version
- Firefox (latest version) Download the latest version
- Safari (latest version) Download the latest version
Note: If you are using Safari 13.1 or later, see this article when loading apps in Schoology.
The following browsers support the HTML5 audio/video recorder:
- Cookies enabled
Websites often store cookies and other data as you browse online. This data may include information that you have provided in the past, such as your name, email address, and preferences. This data helps websites such as Schoology identify you when you return to the site, and helps the site remember the user's preferences or registration details for a future visit. On Schoology, enabling cookies in your browser can help prevent login issues to Schoology.com as well as to other third-party apps within Schoology.