Your Account Settings allow you to set different preferences for your personal interface and how your account relates to other users. To get to Account Settings, select the Arrow to the right of your name in the top right corner of the page.
Account Settings enables you to:
- Change your password
- Customize how your name displays in Schoology
- Establish your primary and secondary email addresses for notifications
- Adjust your timezone
- Integrate with Google Docs
- Access your Schoology Calendar from a different calendar tool (Outlook, Google, Calendar, etc.)
- Link or merge different Schoology accounts
Edit Your Name
Depending on the permissions enabled in your account, you can change the name you display to other Schoology users. Select the arrow at the top right of the page next to your name and then select Account Settings. The display names you can customize may include:
- Title–This refers to any prefix you’d want to include in your name (Mr., Mrs., Ms.,etc.).
- First Name–This field should already include the name with which you signed up for Schoology.
- Preferred First Name–If your organization's System Admin has enabled this permission, you can choose a different name to display wherever your name appears, either by itself or in addition to the name in the First Name field.
- Middle Name–This field may already be filled, though it is not required.
- Last Name–This field should already include the name with which you signed up for Schoology.
- Username–This field is necessary for users who sign into Schoology using a Username. Users may sign up for Schoology with either a username or with an email address.
Primary and Secondary Email Addresses
- Primary Email–This field lists the email address under which you are registered in Schoology. All designated Notifications will be sent to this email address. You may also log in to Schoology using this email address.
- Alternate Email–This field lists an optional, secondary email address. Notifications will also be sent to this email address.
Note: If you notice that you are not receiving email alerts when you would expect them, you may have an issue with your primary email that requires your attention.
To confirm if you are experiencing this issue:
- Click the Check Status link to the right of the Primary Email field.
- If there is an issue, you will receive an error message describing the issue.
- Click Clear to reset the email address.
If you continue to experience issues with receiving notifications for the address after resetting it, talk to the administrator of your Schoology account or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your Schoology account is not currently set to the correct Timezone, you can correct it by scrolling through the dropdown menu.
Once you have adjusted the settings, don’t forget to click Save Changes to complete.
Depending on the way you log in, your login information will display either your Email or your School and Username information.
You can create a new password by following these steps:
- Select the arrow in the top right corner of the page and click Account Settings.
- Click the Change Your Password link at the top of the page.
- Type in your current password.
- Type in your new password and confirm it (must be different than the current password).
- Click Submit to complete.
Note: We recommend that you keep your password in a safe place and that you never divulge your account information to anyone. This precaution is especially important for users who sign in using a username, because they will not be able to retrieve a forgotten password via email.
Connect Your Other Accounts
Schoology lets you link third-party accounts to your Schoology interface. You can connect Facebook, Twitter, or Google Accounts to utilize their features from within Schoology. To sync your other accounts with your Schoology account, follow these steps:
- Select the arrow at the top right corner of the page and click Account Settings.
- Scroll to the middle of the page.
- Click the Connect button of the account you want to sync.
- Sign into your account.
- Click the Log In, Sign In, or Grant Access button to complete.
Note: Connecting with Facebook allows you to post updates to your Facebook account. Connecting with Twitter allows you to tweet updates to your Twitter account. Connecting with Google allows you to invite people from your Google contacts to Schoology.
Share Your Schoology Calendar
You can access your Schoology calendar information from a different calendar program by enabling this option in your Account Settings. Once enabled, Schoology will provide an iCal link that will allow you to share your Schoology Calendar with the calendar tool of your choice. Below are instructions for sharing your calendar:
iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch (running iOS 3.0 or later)
- Create a new email. Address it to the email account checked on the iOS device.
- Paste the copied link above into the body of the email. Send the email.
- Open the email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and tap the link to set up the subscription to the calendar.
- Tap “Subscribe” in the dialog to add Schoology to your iOS calendar.
Outlook 2007/2010 (has native iCal support)
- Email the link copied above to the account you check on Outlook.
- Click on the webcal link in the email on Outlook.
- An Outlook box should appear asking you to Add this Internet Calendar to Outlook and Subscribe to Updates.
- Click Yes, and the Calendar will automatically be added to Outlook.
Google Calendar & Android Devices
- Sign into your Google Calendar account.
- Under Other Calendars, click the Add link.
- Click on Add by URL.
- Paste the link copied above into the Address field.
- Click Add.
- Sign in to your Windows Live account.
- Go to Calendar.
- Go to Subscribe.
- Select Subscribe to a public calendar.
- In the Calendar URL field, paste the URL copied above.
- In the Calendar Name field, enter a name for the calendar.
- Click Subscribe to calendar, and then click done.
- Open iCal.
- Right-click under the Subscriptions region.
- Click Subscribe.
- Paste the link copied above into the Calendar URL field.
- Click subscribe.
If you have another account in Schoology, you can link your accounts to toggle between them from the downfacing arrow on the top right of Schoology. By keeping both accounts, and linking them together, you can access all content from a single login.
To Link an Account:
- Select the arrow in the upper right of the page of the account you'd like to keep primary (you will be using this account to login to Schoology).
- Click Account Settings in the dropdown menu.
- Scroll near the bottom of the Account Settings page and click the Link Accounts button.
- Enter the Email or Username of the account at the other school.
- Enter the password of the other account.
- Click Link Account to complete.
Select a Primary email address for linked accounts
A list of your primary account and linked account(s) will appear in the Link Account area upon completion. If you have multiple primary email addresses for these accounts, enable the feature to Select a primary email address. This feature allows email notifications for each linked account to go to the primary email address listed in this area.
If you have a duplicate account on Schoology, you can merge your old account into your current account. Keep in mind that by doing this, the merged account will be deleted and your created content will be moved into the current account.
To merge an account:
- Log in to the account you plan to keep.
- Select the arrow in the upper right corner of the page and click Account Settings.
- Scroll near the bottom of the Account Settings page.
- Click the Merge Accounts button.
- Enter the Email or Username and the password of the desired account.
- Click Validate Account, and wait for the merge to complete.
Note: If you encounter an error message, "Sorry, you are not allowed to merge subscribed accounts into this account," your previous account is registered to a school with a System Administrator. Please create a ticket with the Support Team for assistance.