To add members, start from the Course Profile by selecting a course from the Courses dropdown menu at the top of the page. For a complete list of your courses click the See All link at the bottom right of the Courses dropdown menu. You can add members to your section by distributing the Course Access code or by using the Add Members button (Enterprise). Depending on the settings in place at your school or organization, you may not see some of the options below.
Use an Access Code
Each course has a 10-digit Access Code (in a green box) located near the bottom of the left menu, and also in the Members page located in the left menu.
You can distribute this code to your students to allow them to register for Schoology on their own. Students with existing Schoology accounts can use the Access Code to join your class without having to create a new account.
You can manually approve new members before they can join the course even if they use the Access Code. To do so follow these steps:
- From the Course Profile, select the Members tab in the left menu.
- Find the Require Approval checkbox below the Access Code in the green box to the right.
- Enable the checkbox.
Use the Add Members Button (Enterprise)
Depending on the settings in your school or organization, some instructor accounts will have an Add Members button in their Members area. Instructors with this button can add members by following these steps:
- Select the Members tab in the left menu.
- Click on the Add Members button.
- Select the member(s) you'd like to enroll into the course. You will see a selected count in the upper right corner. You can also search or browse for each user without affecting previously selected members.
- For students without an account, you can send them an access code via email.
- Click Add Members to finish.
Enterprise users have the option to import enrollments at the system level using a .csv file. Click here to learn more about importing course enrollments.
Depending on which Student Information System your school is using, you may also have the option of importing users, course and enrollments via an SIS sync. Contact your Schoology account manager to learn more about automated options.