What Is Common Cartridge?
Common Cartridge is a formatting standard you can use to make content compatible with any system that supports it. You can learn more about Schoology's compliance on IMS Global's Website. Use the standard to import and export your Common Cartridge content from the Schoology Resources without losing its formatting.
How Do I Import Common Cartridge?
To import Common Cartridge, navigate to your Personal Resources from the top menu.
- Click the downfacing arrow in the left menu and then select Import.
- Choose the option to import a Common Cartridge (IMSCC) file as a new collection.
- Name the Collection and click Next.
- Attach a .imscc file from the computer or device and click Next.
- Some folders within the Common Cartridge package may contain web content. If there is an HTML file in the folder, the folder structure displays, along with the ability to select the folder. If you prefer not to convert the files, click Skip & Import, and the files will be imported as regular files and folders.
- To convert to web content item types, click Convert.
- Click Import to complete.
Depending on the size of your file, the import process may take some time to complete. You may track the status of the import from your Transfer History.
How Do I Export Common Cartridge?
To export to Common Cartridge, navigate to your Personal Resources from the top menu.
- Click the down-facing arrow in the left menu and then select Export.
- Select a Resource Collection or Folder (optional) you'd like to export. The name of the exported file will be the name of the collection and/or folder, excluding special characters. Spaces are replaced with hyphens.
- Click Export.
- Navigate to the Transfer History area, and click on the gear to the right of the export once the process is complete.
- Click Download to download the file.
Depending on the size of the export, the export process may take some time to complete. You may track the status of the export from your Transfer History.
- Media Albums
- Matching questions
- Ordering questions
- Fill-in-the-blank questions with more than one blank
For technical specifications of this limitation, visit the IMS Global Common Cartridge website.
How Do I Use Common Cartridge in a Course?
You may import Common Cartridge into a course by following the steps outlined in this knowledgebase article.