Graded discussions are a great way to engage students in class participation. The discussions feature allows for threaded discussions, where members of the course can reply to comments within a discussion response. Discussions also allow members to attach files, links, and audio/video (Enterprise feature). These tools facilitate great conversations by enabling students to share content with one another.
Create Graded Discussions
To create a graded discussion, follow these steps:
- Click on the Courses area on the top menu.
- Click on a course you administer.
- Add a Discussion to the course or course folder.
- Fill out the form to create a discussion, and check the box to Enable Grading.
- Click Create to complete.
Note: Graded discussions cannot be shared.
To grade a discussion, follow these steps:
- Click on the discussion from the Reminders area in the right column of your Home page. Reminders appear when students submit items that require grading.
- A blue dot will appear next to discussion comments that have not been graded.
- Click on the Grade icon.
- Enter a grade and a comment.
- Check the box to Show to Student to display the comment to the student in their Grades area.
- Click Submit to complete.