As an educator, you can access Public Resources from the top menu, or from within My Resources. Public Resources are files, links, course materials, or folders of content shared by other members of the Schoology community.
Share Your Resources
You can also share any of your personal Resources with the Schoology Community in Public Resources.
To make your Resources public, follow these steps:
- Click Resources along the top of the page.
- Select Personal
- Click the bookshelf icon to the right of the item you would like to make public to share in public resources.
- Fill out the pop-up form to provide information to Schoology users who may be looking for your research.
(Title, Info, Grade Level, Resource Type, and Tags can be filtered during a search by other educators).
- Choose a Subject
- Select Make Public to complete.
Note: You cannot currently make Tests/Quizzes public. Instead, you can share test/quiz questions by creating and sharing a Question Bank. Click here to learn more about using Question Banks.
Once an item has been made Public, you will see a globe icon below the Resource name in your personal collection:
If you make a change to the item in your Personal resources - for example, updating the title or description fields - you will be prompted to update this change in the Public version as well.
1. Click Update Public Version
2. Click Update so that the changes made to your Personal version are updated in the Public version of the resource as well.
Edit or remove your Resources
To edit or remove your Resources, follow these steps:
- Click on the gear to the right of the resource.
- Select the option to Remove Public Version.
- Click Approve to complete.
Browse Public Resources
To view resources shared by the Schoology global community, navigate to the Public area of your Resource Center. Educators can enrich their courses by browsing through and downloading diverse content.
To filter your search, use the following areas to find more specific content:
- Resource Type
- Grade Level
- File Format
The ability to view ratings on resources allows you to gauge quality and popularity of the resource content. It also allows you to engage with other educators interested in similar content. To rate a resource, follow these steps:
- Click into a Resource.
- View the content included in the resource.
- Click on the Rate Resource button.
- Click on the highest level of star you'd like to give the resource. Selecting a high number of stars (5 stars) indicates a higher opinion of the resource.
- Enter a comment and select the Submit button to complete.
Note: You may also share the resource to your Twitter or Facebook account.
When you download a resource to your Personal Resources, you can add the resource to courses and groups you administer, or copy the resource to other resource collections. To download public resources, follow these steps:
- Click on the Download icon to the right of each resource.
- This saves a copy of the item to the Downloads collection in Personal Resources. To organize, copy or move the item to a group or course you administer, navigate to the Downloads collection.