Schoology allows you to import Blackboard courses in Schoology Resources. To import a Blackboard course into your Schoology account, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Resources by clicking Resources in the top menu.
- Click on the down-facing arrow in the left column.
- Select Import.
- Select Blackboard (ZIP).
- Select an option to import to new collection or an existing collection.
- If you're creating a new collection, give the collection a name.
- Click Next, and upload the file to Schoology.
- Click Import to complete.
When importing questions from a Blackboard test or quiz, Schoology only supports the following question types:
- Multiple Choice
- Multiple Answer
- Opinion Scale
- Short Response
- Fill in the Blank
- Fill in the Blank Plus
- A Blackboard test or quiz imports into Schoology as a Test/Quiz.
- As of April 30, 2020, Blackboard test/quiz content imports into Resources as Assessments, instead of Test/Quiz for new Schoology Enterprise organizations and instructors using Schoology Basic. Enterprise instructors that previously imported content as tests/quizzes are not affected by this change. If you’re a System Administrator and you wish to import third party content as tests/quizzes instead of assessments, contact your Schoology representative.
- This import process does not support the import of LTI from a Blackboard course into Schoology.
Depending on the size of your file, the import process may take some time to complete. You may track the status of the import from your Transfer History.
If you experience an issue importing your Blackboard export file, please visit our article for troubleshooting tips.