Change passwords as a Free Teacher
Teachers with a free Schoology account can reset students' passwords by completing the steps below. Be sure to give the new password to the student to ensure that he or she can log in.
- Navigate to the course in which the student is a member.
- Click on the Members area on the left menu of the course profile.
- Click on the gear to the right of the student's name.
- Select Change Password.
- Enter the new password.
- Click Submit.
Note: If you’re a teacher at a school with a System Administrator, you may not see the option to set student passwords in your course. Please find contact information for your System Administrator in the Help Center area.
Change passwords as a System Administrator (Enterprise)
System Administrators can change an individual user's password or bulk set the password for a group of users.
To reset an individual user's password, follow these steps:
Click on the Edit Users area on the left menu of the Home Page.
- Click on the Password field to the right of a user's name.
- Enter a new password.
- Click Save.
To bulk-set passwords for a group of users, follow these steps:
- Click on the Edit Users area on the left menu of the Home Page.
- Use the Filter option on the upper right to filter specific user groups or increase the number of users displayed per page.
- Select users by checking the box to the left of their name. If you would like to select all users on a page, check the box to the left of the First Name column heading.
- Click the Select Bulk Action drop-down and choose Set Password.
- Enter the same password in the New Password and Confirm Password fields.
- Click Submit.
To bulk-set passwords for a group of users through an import, follow these steps:
Click the Import area on the left menu of the Home Page.
Select the Users tab.
- Choose the correct Building, Role, and Email Conflict option. Depending on the setup at your school, you may not see the option for Building.
- Select a CSV or XLS file. Be sure the file contains fields for First Name, Last Name, Username or Email, User Unique ID, and Password.
- If you'd like to change information for users with accounts in your school, check the field to Update existing records.
- Click Upload File.
- Proceed through matching the fields (being sure to match Password) and confirm the import.