If a course you administer has disappeared from Courses, it may have been archived. Courses are archived at the end of a grading period.
- After the end date of the grading period, courses are not archived until a 24 to 30-hour grace period has passed.
- Depending on the settings in place at your organization, archived courses may not be visible to you. Click the Support link in the footer of Schoology to reach out to your Support Contact for help.
To find Archived Courses:
- Click Courses at the top of the page.
- Click My Courses on the right.
- From the My Courses area, click Archived to view past courses.
If you'd like to reactivate an archived course and keep the same course material and roster of students for a longer period of time, extend the life of the course by adding a grading period. This process may vary based on how your organization provisions courses and enrollments.
Note: You should only extend the life of the course by adding a grading period if the course is continuing with the same roster of students. If you want to re-use the same course materials during a new marking period with a new group of students, click here to learn how to save materials to use in a new course.
If you are a System Administrator, you can also change the dates of the grading period. Changing the dates of the grading period affects all course and sections associated with the grading period.
To add a grading period to a course:
- Click Course Options under the course profile photo.
- Select Edit Info.
- Select an active grading period.
- Click Save to complete.
Note: Depending on the settings in place at your organization, the ability add grading periods may not be available. Click the Support link in the footer of Schoology to reach out to your Support Contact for help.