Google Apps for Education
After provisioning users into the system (e.g. through Imports), you may integrate with Google Apps for Education to authenticate users into Schoology using their Google Apps login credentials. This feature allows you to authenticate users using their Google username or email address.
It also requires one of the following:
- The Username field to match users' prefix of their email.
- The Unique ID field in Schoology to match the corresponding Google Drive credentials.
- The Email field to match users' Google Apps for Education email addresses.
Google SSO by Username or Email Address
To set up Google SSO by Username, the prefix of the email must match the Username field in Schoology. In cases where you're provisioning users from your SIS, the Unique ID will most likely be populated by your SIS.
To set up Google SSO by Email, the email address must match the users' Google Apps for Education email address.
To complete setting up external account management, please follow these steps:
Change Your Landing Page
Once you've successfully established the link to your Google instance, click Save Changes and click on the Custom Domain tab.
Here, you should see that your Domain Type has been set and and your Domain Alias has been changed to your school's custom subdomain. These are configured by working with your Schoology Implementation or Project Manager during your school's implementation process. If these fields are not configured in the Custom Domain tab, contact Schoology Support.
Change the Landing Page dropdown from Schoology Log In to External Account Provider and click Save Changes. Changing the landing page is the important final step in enabling your Google SSO configuration. Once you click Save Changes, your users will be able to log in to Schoology using your custom domain and Google credentials.
Install Google Drive for your entire school
As the System Administrator of your school or organization, you can pre-install the Google Drive Resource App to all users, or to certain roles in your school.
- Click on the App Center on left menu of your Home page.
- Find the Google Drive app.
- Click on the button to Install Resource App.
- To add the app to your school or organization, select the option to Add to School.
- Once you're in the School Apps area of the App Center, click on the Configure button next to the Google Drive app.
- Directions to configure the app are listed in the Configuration page.
- Once you've authorized your Google Apps for Education account, you can check the box to "Enabled Domain-Wide Access."
- Click Save Settings to complete.
- Once the app is configured, go back to the School Apps area by clicking on the breadcrumb at the top of the page.
- Click on the button to Install Resource App next to the Google Drive app.
- Select the option to install the app to All Users. If you'd like to limit the app to certain roles, remove the check mark for the roles you would not like to access Google Apps in their Resources.
- Click Submit to complete.