The Grade Settings area allows you to set Grading Periods and Learning Objectives for your school or organization. As the System Administrator, you may be the only role in your school that can add or edit these areas.
Courses associated with current grading periods will appear in the Courses dropdown. Courses associated with past grading periods will appear in the Archived area of users' Course Listing. Grading periods may also help organize the Gradebook Settings in the course.
Add a Grading Period
Add a Sub-Period
You can create a sub-period when creating your initial grading period, or you can add sub-periods later.
To add subperiods while creating a new grading period:
- Cick System Settings
- Select Grade Settings
- Click +Add New Grading Period
- Enter the Name and Dates for your grading period
- Click Add Sub-Period
- Enter the information for your sub-period(s).
- Click Add Period
If you have already created a grading period and would like to convert it to a sub-period, follow these steps:
- Click on the gear icon to the right of the grading period
- Select +Convert to Sub-Period
- Select the Grading Period to which you would like to add a sub-period
- Click Convert
Note: Converting a period to a subperiod will move any course materials currently associated with this period into the sub-period.
Edit a Grading Period
Delete a Grading Period
System administrators can create percentage and point-based grading scales that will immediately appear in every course in your school or organization. This feature provides a simpler way to establish system-wide consistency.
Create system-wide grading scales
To create a system-wide grading scale, follow these steps:
Note: This grade scale will appear in the Grade Setup area of all courses in the school or organization.
Edit or delete grading scales
You may edit or delete grading scales from the gear to the right of each grading scale. Editing a grading scale from the Grading Scales area of the system will affect the grading scale in courses where it's currently used. To create a new grading scale without affecting courses, we recommend creating a new grading scale.
Once a grading scale is associated with a graded item in a course, you cannot delete the grading scale until all associations have been removed.
The Learning Objectives area allows you to create and organize learning objectives for your school or organization. In general, there are three areas in which learning objectives can be created: System Settings, Personal Resources, and Group Resources.
We recommend adjusting your Permissions to determine which roles in your system can create personal and group learning objectives. The permission that governs this ability is housed in the permission to Edit learning objectives.
System Learning Objectives
The Learning Objectives created in the System Settings area will be available to all teachers at your school. We recommend organizing your learning objectives into a folder structure, similar to that which you see for Common Core and State alignments.
Add a Custom Learning Objective
As a System Admin, you can create custome learning objectives for teachers and faculty members of your school or organization.
- Click on the System Settings area on the left menu of your Home page.
- Click on the Grade Settings tab directly below System Settings.
- Select the Learning Objectives tab.
- Click on the Add button.
- Select the option to add a Folder, Custom Learning Objective, or other alignments.
- You may create as many levels of folders as necessary for your learning objectives. To add learning objectives directly inside of a folder, click on the folder name.
- Enter a title and description of the learning objective.
- Click Create to complete.
Delete or Move Learning Objectives
You may delete or move learning objectives from the Edit button that appears when you check a learning objective.
- Check the box to the left of the item you'd like to delete or move.
- To select all items, check the box to the left of the Add button.
- Click on the Edit button.
- Select the option to delete the item, or move the item to another folder.
Organize or Import Learning Objectives
You may organize or import learning objectives from the Options button.
- Click on the Options button to the right of the Add button.
- Select the Reorder or Auto-arrange option to move items into different order. To reorder items, simply click, drag, and drop the arrows that appear to the left of each item.
- Select the Import option to import an XLS or CSV file of learning objectives.
- The file should contain a column for the title, and a column for the description of the learning objective.
- Select the folder into which you'd like to import the learning objectives.
- Attach the file, and Upload File to complete.
To learn more about Group and Personal Learning Objectives, click here.