If your organization has multiple schools (Schoology High School and Schoology Middle School, for example, or School of Education and School of Journalism), you may have worked with Schoology to add an area for Schools. Before you add a school, however, you should consider if having multiple schools under one Enterprise Organization is the right solution for your framework.
Responsibilities with Managing Schools
- User Provisioning
- As a System Administrator, you must manage account creation for multiple schools. For example, when you import users into Schoology, you must make sure you provision users into the correct school.
- Course Provisioning
- You must also manage course creation for multiple schools. For example, when you import courses into Schoology, you must make sure you provision courses and sections into the correct school.
- Enrollment Maintenence
- When students and teachers change their enrollment from one school to another, you must make these adjustments in Schoology.
- Privacy Settings
- System Administrators must consider the privacy settings for each school. For example, should a teacher in one school be able to view the courses of a teacher in another school? With the addition of schools, there are additional Privacy Settings at the Organization level to help you establish these kinds of settings at your school.
- System Administrators at the school level:
- It's important to note that System Administrators associated with the parent organization (Springfield School District or Springfield University) have access to administer users and content in all schools.
System Administrators associated with a school, however, only have access to administer that specific school (Schoology High School or The School of Education, for example). Therefore, while the permission settings for System Administrators may be the same for all users associated with the role, their school association may not provide the same access for all users.
- Support Contacts
You may only designate Support Contacts for the entire organization, not on a school-by-school basis.
Note: Once you add schools to your system, other areas of Schoology are sorted by schools as well. These areas include the Course Listing, School Analytics, Manage Users, and the area to add members to courses and groups.
If you decide that schools are the best framework for your organization, you can use the following instructions to add, edit, or delete schools from your organization from your System Settings page.
Add a School
- Click the +Add School button in the upper-right.
- Enter information in the required fields.
- Click Create School to add the school to your organization.
This school now appears on your school profile, Course Listings, Manage Users area, Import and Export areas, and School Analytics. You may create courses and groups under each of these schools.
Edit a School
- Click the Edit button to the right of the school name.
- Adjust information as needed.
- Click Save Changes to save the adjustments.
Delete a School
- Click the Delete button to the right of the school name.
- If you see a warning message, you may not delete the school.
- You can move users to another school through Manage Users> Roles/Advanced.
- You cannot move courses into another school, but you can delete them from the Course Listing.
- To view a list of users associated with a school use the filter option in Manage Users.
- To view a list of courses associated with a school, use the drop-down menu in the Course Listing.
- To export a list of all users and courses associated with a school, use the Export area.