The Word Filter specifies words to filter from user input (e.g. updates, blog posts, discussion comments, etc.). Exempt certain user roles from the word filter through the Permissions area.
To access the Word Filter:
- Click Tools
- Select School Management
- Click Word Filter on the left
Add Filter Words
- Click +Add Filter Word(s).
- Enter words in Words to Replace. Use a comma to delineate words.
- In Replacement Text, enter the characters you’d like to appear in place of the filtered words.
- Check Stand-alone if you’d only like the filter to affect words standing alone.
- For example: If this box is not checked, the word association may appear in your school as ***ociation. To prevent this issue, check the box for these kinds of words.
Delete Filter Words
- Select the box to the left of the word you’d like to delete from the Word Filter.
- Check the box to the left of Word to Filter to select all filter words.
- Click Delete Selected to remove the words from the filter.
- Deleting a word from the filter will not retroactively remove the replacement symbols from filtered words already published in Schoology.
- Filter words cannot be edited in bulk once they have been added to the filter.