The Word Filter area allows you to specify words to filter from user input (e.g. blog posts, discussion comments, etc.). You can exempt certain user roles from the word filter through the Permissions area.
Add Filter Words
- Click the +Add Filter Word(s) button.
- Enter a word you’d like to filter.
- Use a comma to delineate words.
- In the Replacement Text area, enter the characters you’d like to appear in place of the filter words.
- Check the box for Stand-alone if you’d only like the filter to affect words standing alone.
- If this box is not checked for the word, “association,” you may encounter an issue where all text, “association” that appear in your school will appear as “***ociation.”
- To prevent this issue, check the box for these kinds of words.
Delete Filter Words
- Select the box to the left of the filter word you’d like to delete
- Check the box to the left of Word to Filter to select all filter words.
- Click Delete Selected to complete.
Note: There isn’t a way to edit filter words in bulk once they are created.