The System Settings area enables you to control site-wide settings for your organization.
You can enable or disable the ability for students to use an Access Code to register for an account. By default, the system has this feature enabled. To access these options, go to System Settings in the left menu.
From this area, you will be given the following options:
- Enable course access codes–This setting enables users to request to join a course by entering an access code. Users will be able “Join” a course from the Courses dropdown menu by adding a course access code.
- Enable group access codes–This setting enables users to request to join a group by entering an access code. Users will be able to “Join” a group from the Groups dropdown menu by adding a group access code.
Note: System settings apply to your entire school. You may further enable or disable the ability for a particular role to join courses and groups using an access code by selecting or deselecting the permissions Use course access codes from the Permissions area of Manage Users.
The timezone selected from the dropdown menu will serve as the default time zone associated with newly created users under your system.
The language selected from the dropdown menu will serve as the default language associated with newly created users under your system.
The logo image uploaded to this area will be used for certain reports printed from Schoology.
Help Center Link
You can customize the destination of the (?) Help Center button in the top right corner of Schoology. If you leave this field blank, the default Schoology Support information will be used. If you add a URL to the field and Save Changes, you’ll see an additional area to adjust the text displayed in the Help Center area. You’ll also find your dedicated support information in the Schoology support info link.
Parent Access and Parent Email Digest
Default Parent Homepage
As the System Admin, you can set the default landing page for parent accounts.
- Main Account–This option will display the main account (the parent's Recent Activity area) to parents when they login.
- Child Activity–This option will display the children's Recent Activity area to parents when they login.
- User Account Preference–This option enables the parent to set his/her own landing page from their Account Settings.
This area enables you to determine the content accessible and viewable to parents.
- View child's course submissions–This option enables parents to open and view the submissions a student makes in a course assignment.
- View child's grades–This option enables parents to view the grades the child receives in a Schoology course.
- View child's attendance–This option enables parents to view the attendance marks a child receives in a Schoology course.
- View child's mastery grades–If your school or course uses learning objectives, this option enables parents to view the mastery grades in a Schoology course.
Parent Email Digest
As the System Admin, you may also set the default settings for parents' reception of an email digest. This email digest provides a summary of their child's activity on a scheduled basis, which parents may set from the Notifications area of the Child Activity.
- Off–This option requires that the parent login to their Schoology and elect to turn on their email digest.
- On–This option sends an email digest to parents on a weekly or daily basis of your choosing. Parents may login to their Schoology account and turn off or adjust these settings for their personal accounts at any time.