System Settings enables you to control site-wide settings for your organization.
To access System Settings using the new site navigation:
- Click Tools.
- Select School Management.
- Click System Settings on the left.
This page includes the following settings:
- Enable the new Schoology experience
- Enable Assessment Creation
- Access Codes
- Default Timezone
- Default Language
- Organization Logo
- Help Center Link
- Default Parent Account
- Parent Access
- Parent Email Digest
- Learning Standards
- Default Home Page
Enable the new Schoology experience
Enabling this setting will update the way users in your organization navigate Schoology. Enabling this setting will enable the new experience for all users in your organization. Learn more: What's changing with the New Site Navigation?
Enable Assessment Creation
Enabling this setting will allow instructors at your organization to create Assessments in their courses and resources, which include new enhanced question types. Assessments will eventually replace Test/Quiz. Visit the System Settings: Assessments (Enterprise) for full details.
You can enable or disable the ability for students to use an Access Code to register for an account. By default, the system has this feature enabled.
From this area, you will be given the following options:
- Enable course access codes: This setting enables users to request to join a course by entering an access code. Users will be able “Join” a course from the My Courses page by adding a course access code.
- Enable group access codes: This setting enables users to request to join a group by entering an access code. Users will be able to “Join” a group from the My Groups page by adding a group access code.
- Enable student registration with an access code: This setting enables users to register on their own from the Schoology homepage. The user will be able to navigate to app.schoology.com, and use a course access code or group access code to create an account within your Enterprise organization. Also see: How are Basic accounts added to my organization?
- Enable parent access codes: This setting enables parents to create accounts and monitor their child’s account by entering a Parent Access Code.
- Select the default role for a new parent: Parents registering a new account using an access code will be set to this default selection (we recommend using a Parent role).
- Enable registration codes: This setting enables users to create faculty user accounts by entering the appropriate code for their role. Click Enable to the right of each role to enable registration codes for a particular role.
The timezone selected from the drop-down menu will serve as the default time zone associated with newly created users under your system.
The language selected from the drop-down menu will serve as the default language associated with newly created users under your system.
The logo image uploaded to this area will be used for certain reports printed from Schoology.
Help Center Link
You can customize the destination of the Support link in the footer of Schoology. If you leave this field blank, the default Schoology Support Center will be used.
If you add a URL to the field and click Save Changes at the bottom of the page, all users other than the Support Contacts for your organization will be directed to the custom link after clicking the link in the Schoology footer.
If you are a Support Contact, you’ll still see the Support link to the Schoology Support Center, plus your dedicated support information in the Support pop-up menu.
Default Parent Account
As the System Admin, you can set the default landing page for parent accounts.
- Main Account: This option will display the main account (the parent's Recent Activity area) to parents when they login.
- Child Activity: This option will display the children's Recent Activity area to parents when they login.
- User Account Preference: This option enables the parent to set his/her own landing page from their Account Settings.
This area enables you to determine the content accessible and viewable to parents.
- View child's course submissions: This option enables parents to open and view the submissions a student makes in a course assignment.
- View child's grades: This option enables parents to view the grades the child receives in a Schoology course.
- View child's attendance: This option enables parents to view the attendance marks a child receives in a Schoology course.
- View child's mastery grades: If your school or course uses learning objectives, this option enables parents to view the mastery grades in a Schoology course.
Parent Email Digest
As the System Admin, you may also set the default settings for parents' reception of an email digest. This email digest provides a summary of their child's activity on a scheduled basis, which parents may set from the Notifications area of the Child Activity.
- Off: This option requires that the parent login to their Schoology and elect to turn on their email digest.
- On: This option sends an email digest to parents on a weekly or daily basis of your choosing. Parents may login to their Schoology account and turn off or adjust these settings for their personal accounts at any time.
Note: Changing this will set the default setting for all users within your organization who have not customized this setting in their Account Settings.
Enable Learning Standards for your organization. Instructors will be able to select from these learning objectives wherever they create course materials and rubrics.
- Common Core, Next Generation Science Standards, State Standards, American Education Reaches Out Curriculum Frameworks
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
- College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education
Set Default Home Page
Changing this will set the default home page setting for all users within your organization who have not customized this setting in Account Settings.