Schoology sends you email notifications for Social, Academic, Group, and School activity that occurs in your account. These notifications pertain to the school, courses, and groups in which you participate. To view information related to student activity, please navigate to the My Children area.
To access your personal account notifications, click on the downfacing arrow in the upper right corner of your Schoology page, and select the Notifications option.
You can select which notifications you would like to receive from courses and groups in which you're enrolled. To customize your notifications, follow these directions:
- Select the arrow next to your name on the top right side of the page.
- Click Notifications from the dropdown menu.
- Select the button next to the notifications you want to change.
- Choose On (receive from all sources), Off (no notifications), or Custom (pick and choose the sources).
- Click Save Changes at the bottom.
Text message or Push notifications are also available for certain actions. You can link your mobile phone to your Schoology account by following these directions:
- Select the arrow next to your name in the top right corner and click Notifications.
- Select the Send Notifications to Your Phone via Text Message box to the right.
- Enter your Cell Phone Number (your number remains hidden from other members).
- Choose your Country.
- Select your wireless Carrier.
- Click Set Mobile to complete.
Note: Email and cell phone notifications differ from the Notifications Icon located on the top menu, which provides a running list of academic actions. If you live outside of the U.S. or Canada, text message notifications are not yet supported at this time. If you'd like to receive notifications that your child receives, we recommend adding your email address or phone number to your child's Account Settings and Account Notifications area.
I can't find these Notification Settings
If your Notifications area does not display these options, it's possible that you may be accessing Notifications while viewing a child's account. To view these notification options, please make sure your account is set to your personal account.