Managing Grading Scales for your organization
As a System Administrator with access to your organization's Grade Settings, click on the Grading Scales tab to manage school-wide grading scales.
You can create, edit, and delete custom grading scales for your organization. However, if a grading scale is in use for a course, the grading scale cannot be deleted.
In the Grading Scales tab of the Grade Settings area, this page includes two sections: Active and Inactive.
By default, all new custom grading scales you create will appear under your list of Active grading scales, in addition to the two Schoology default grading scales (A +/- and Numeric).
Active Grading Scales appear in the list of available scales in the Grade Set Up area of a course. They are also available for use in the Final Grade Settings in the Gradebook, as well as individual graded materials.
Inactive Grading Scales are hidden from Grade Set Up, and instructors do not have the option to use inactive grading scales in their gradebook or on newly-created graded materials. Inactivating a grading scale does not remove it from any of the materials in your school that it was added to while the scale was active.
To Inactivate a School-Wide Grading Scale:
- Navigate to System Settings>Grade Settings> Grading Scales
- In the Active area, click the gear icon to the right of the scale.
- Select Inactivate from the menu
- Click Inactivate into confirm and complete.
- The default Numeric scale cannot be inactivated.
- Only custom active scales can be edited and deleted. The Numeric and A +/- scale cannot be edited or deleted.
To Re-activate a School-Wide Grading Scale:
- Navigate to System Settings>Grade Settings>Grading Scales.
- In the Inactive area, click the gear icon to the right of the scale.
- Select Activate from the menu.
- Click Activate to confirm and complete.