There are students who are able to access YouTube and Vimeo. How can I restrict access to these apps?
There are several Resource Apps that integrate with Schoology that can be installed by default from Resources. For example, the following apps can be installed when a user navigates to Resources > Apps:
In order to restrict access to these Resource Apps, go to the App Center and install these apps to your organization. Once the Resource Apps have been installed on the organization level, System Administrators can restrict access to these apps based on role type using these steps:
- Click the App Center icon at the top of Schoology.
- Click App Center.
- Locate the Resource app and click the title to view the app's profile page.
- Click Install Resource App.
- Read the user agreement and click I Agree to continue.
- Click Add to Organization.
- You'll be taken to the Organization Apps page, which lists all of the apps currently installed in your organization.
- Locate the app you want to restrict and click Install/Remove.
- Check the box next to All Users.
- Deselect the boxes next to the roles you want to restrict from installing and accessing this Resource app.
- Click Submit.
Alternatively, you can restrict access from the Permissions area in User Management:
- Click Tools in the header.
- Select User Management from the dropdown menu.
- Click Permissions on the left menu.
- Navigate to the Schoology Apps section at the bottom and uncheck the box next to each app under the role you wish to disable access.
- Click Save permissions to confirm.