A student or teacher made annotations to a PDF using Adobe Acrobat. When I view the assignment or PDF in the Schoology Document Viewer, I cannot see the annotations. How can I view the annotations in Schoology?
Edits such as annotations made to PDFs in Adobe Acrobat can be created on separate layers above the original file. The PDF file is unflattened, causing the added content to be stripped from the PDF upon import into Schoology. This can be resolved by flattening the annotated PDF prior to uploading it to Schoology:
- Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat.
- Click Print.
- In Print Options, save as a PDF:
- Mac OS: Save as PDF.
- Windows: Microsoft Print to PDF.
- Confirm/Save the file as a new PDF.
- Upload the new PDF to Schoology.
The annotations made in Adobe Acrobat will now be visible in the Schoology Document Viewer.