If you have set up a scheduled Auto-Import process for your organization, you can also configure email addresses to receive email summaries each time an import completes.
Configuring Notification Emails
To enable email notifications and configure who will receive them, the System Administrator for auto-imports should:
- Open the Auto-Import tab within the Import area of Schoology
- At the bottom of the SFTP Configuration, check the box to Enable notification e-mails
- Once this box is selected, a field will appear to enter an email address
- Click Save at the bottom of the Auto-Import page to save the email addresses
If more than one email address needs to receive the notifications, select Add Another E-mail Address. To remove an email field, click the gray X to the right. Save your changes each time you make edits to this area.
The designated email addresses will receive an email summary for each import process once it completes. For example, if you schedule a Users, Courses, and Course Enrollments import once a day, three email summaries will be sent each day.
Email Summary Content
The email will include one of the following three status messages:
- Import completed successfully
- Import complete with errors
- Import failed
The number of errors that occurred during the import will be counted by error type. For example, if 20 rows in my import file were missing a required field, the number of errors will be 1.
If the import file also had a duplicate row, the email summary will list 2 errors: one for missing required fields and one for duplicate information.
To see the specific error messages and number of affected rows, click the link to the Status Log in Schoology.