I'm editing a course section and need to edit the Course Code field. How do I do this? Why can't I edit the course code in the section?
The course code of a course cannot be edited inside a section of the course. This is because the course code and other course info applies to all sections within the course shell. Learn more about the structure of Courses and Sections here.
You can add and/or edit a course code in the Course Listing area of Schoology. To do this:
- Click Courses at the top of your page.
- Click See All in the drop-down menu.
- If you are a Course Admin, the My Courses tab includes a list of course sections you administer. If you are not enrolled as the Course Admin, click the Course Listing tab to view a list of courses in your school.
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the course name to edit the course info.
- Enter/edit the Course Code.
- Click Save Changes to complete.
- If you edit the course code for your section, this will also update the course code for other sections within that course. Please use caution if you are not the only instructor administering sections of the course.
- If you do not see the pencil icon next to the course, you may not have permission to edit the course info. Reach out to your System Administrator with any questions.