I need to edit the Course Name, Course Code, or School with which a course is associated. How do I do this?
Course Codes and other course info cannot be edited inside a section of the course. This is because the course information applies to all sections within the course shell. Learn more about the structure of courses and sections here.
- If you edit the Course Info for your section, the changes will be applied to all other sections within that course. Please use caution if you are not the only instructor administering sections of the course.
- If you do not see the pencil icon next to the course, you may not have permission to edit the Course Info. Reach out to your System Administrator with any questions.
If you have permission to edit the Course Info, you can do so in the Course Listing area of Schoology:
- Click Courses at the top of your page.
- Click My Courses in the top right of the drop-down menu.
- If you are a Course Admin, the My Courses tab includes a list of course sections you administer. If you are not enrolled as the Course Admin, click the Course Listing tab to view a list of courses in your school.
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the course name to edit the course info.
- Enter/edit the Course Code, Course Name, or other info.
- Click Save Changes to complete.