There are four Clear Enrollments Options available to new Schoology customers, replacing the legacy options ‘Clear enrollments not in file’ and ‘Do not update admin enrollments with this import.” These four options give System Administrators more granular control over which enrollment records from an incoming import file should be deleted from sections.
Current customers interested in implementing these new Clear Enrollments Options should contact their Schoology Client Success Manager for assistance.
The four options are listed below:
- Option #1: "Clear student enrollments marked as manual and not in file”
- Option #2: “Clear admin enrollments marked as manual and not in file”
- Option #3: “Clear student enrollments marked as not manual and not in file”
- Option #4: “Clear admin enrollments marked as not manual and not in file”
In each of these options, enrollments will clear depending on the marked source of specific enrollment records: either 'Manual' or 'Not Manual.' This chart explains how enrollment records come to be marked as 'Manual' or 'Not Manual' in Schoology:
* Schoology API can mark enrollment source as either manual or not manual. The default for API is to mark as Not Manual.
Note: Any enrollment records existing prior to the new "Do Not Clear" flags being turned on for an organization will not have an enrollment source. Enrollment records without an enrollment source will never be deleted, regardless of the setting of any of the "Do Not Clear" options. Instead, the first time auto-import runs after turning on any of the four options above, anything in the enrollment file will be marked as “not manual” at that time.