AMP Assessment Reports Area
To open and review reports for Schoology Managed Assessments, click Tools at the top of Schoology and select Assessment Reports in the drop-down menu. This brings you to a tiled list of your assessments, in alphabetical order from left to right and top to bottom. Click an assessment’s tile to open its Assessment Summary dashboard.
From the dashboard, you can review high-level item- and student-based information about the assessment, and select from the different options to drill into those reports.
The Item Performance chart displays the number of items in the assessment, and a circle graph shows your students’ performance based on their average score, color-coded in three bands:
- High (Green): Greater than 75%.
- Medium (Yellow): Between 50-75%.
- Low (Red): Under 50%.
The total number of students in each band displays to the right of the labels in the report key.
Click the View Item Performance button to review a more granular breakdown of your students’ item performance on the assessment.
View Item Performance
The View Item Performance table breaks down student performance for each item on the assessment. The table displays all items in the assessment, organized from lowest to highest average score, and includes three columns:
- Level: The column on the left of the table shows the level of student performance, as described on the Item Performance chart.
- Item: The middle column displays the item prompt. Click any prompt to open its Item Information report.
- Average Score: The right column shows the average score percentage of all students who took the assessment.
Click any prompt in the View Item Performance table to open the Item Details view, which provides more information about the item and your students’ performance on it.
Information provided in the report includes:
- Item Type: The question type
- Total Points: Total points possible on the item
- Item prompt: The stimulus of the question
- Aligned Learning Objectives: The titles of any aligned learning objectives
- Average Score: The average score displayed as a percentage. below the Average Score is the the indicator for where the item falls in the item performance scale:
- High: Greater than 75%.
- Medium: Between 50-75%.
- Low: Under 50%.
- Success Rate: The percentage of students who received full credit on the question.
In this example, 35.1 percent of students received 10/10 on the question, while the remaining 64.9% received less then full credit.
- Below the Success Rate is the number of students represented in the report.
- Item Discrimination: The ability of the item to effectively differentiate between students who do well on the overall test from those who don’t, based on the Point-Biserial Correlation calculation.
The possible values for the Item Discrimination score are:
- Good: 0.3 - 1.0.
- Fair: 0.1 - 0.3.
- Poor: -1 - 0.1.
- Distribution of Answers: Possible answers are listed. Click each possible response for the full answer text. For multiple choice questions with distractor rationale provided for the response options, the full answer text also displays the text of the distractor rationale:
- Student Responses: A list of all students represented in the report and their score on the item, organized alphabetically by last name.
Click the arrows in the blue banner near the top of the page to go to the previous or next question's report.
Student Scores Report
The Student Scores table on the Assessment Summary page displays your students’ assessment information, including:
- Average percentage score
- Number of students represented in the report
- The number of students in each scoring band:
Click the View All Students button to open a student report table.
Additional Student Report Options
Click the remaining reports on the Assessment Summary page to generate a student results report aggregated by the following options:
- School: Aggregate student results by school.
- Instructor: Aggregate results by instructor.
- Section: Aggregate results by course section.
- Learning Objectives: Open a report measuring student mastery of aligned learning objectives.